It is a bit of a landmark in the build when you are able to take the scaffold down from around the building. For the first time you get an un-interrupted view of the building in the landscape.
We were all pretty pleased with how it was looking.
Costs to wind and watertight:
- Engineered Wooden Rails £390
- Structural C16 Wood for joists and framing £1540
- Ply Sheathing £280
- Joist Hangers £65
- Roof Timbers £250
- Ply for Roof £270
- Marley Eternity Profile 6 Grey for walls and Roof together with fixings £1270
- Flashings in Aluminium for roof and wall joints, guttering £1350 Neptune Glasgow
- Flashings for Chimney and Light tube, Dektite £78
- Sola Tube £240
- Flue complete £580
- Larch Cladding £278
- Windows Norman Double Glazed £4350
- External Insulation 100mm Dense Foam Celotex £830
- External Membranes to walls and roof with fixings £340
- Labour £3400
The Marley cladding changes colour depending on the weather conditions in the sunshine it drys very quickly and goes a very light grey. In the wet it goes a battleship grey.